Forklift Training Systems has always been committed to safety. The safety of your employees is why we are in business.
During the COVID -19 pandemic and post pandemic, we are committed to providing a safe training experience. We have taken a number of steps, in addition to our new remote ZOOM training options, to ensure our courses remain a safe place for your employees to get the OSHA required safety training they need. Below are the measures we have taken for each type of class.
Training at our facilities in Columbus, Ohio. We will follow the State of Ohio guidelines in place at the time of your class:
- Masks: If masks are mandated by the State of Ohio at the time of your class they must be worn by all participants, please bring your own, but we will have extras. If they are not mandated at the time of the class, then it’s your choice, but please respect the decisions of others in class. If an individual has not been vaccinated, we ask that they wear a mask during class.
- Hand Sanitizer: Hand sanitizer is available in all our classrooms. Everyone is asked to sanitize their hands frequently.
- Cleaning: Extra cleaning protocols have been introduced. The classrooms are cleaned with disinfectant every night during multiple day classes.
- Reduced Class size/social distancing: If social distancing is required by the State of Ohio at the time of your class, class sizes may be limited, this is subject to change depending on state requirements.
- Lunches: Lunch is no longer buffet style. We have individual boxed lunches, snacks and drinks.
- Trainees are warned to stay home and reschedule their training if they are not feeling well.
Training at your facility:
- We realize every company has its own set of COVID rules. When we are at your site we will follow your rules, including the wearing of masks, social distancing, hand washing, class sizes, etc.
Forklift Training Systems has created a remote ZOOM version of our forklift and MEWP (scissor/boom) trainer’s class. This is a live streaming class for your trainers, they can log in from home, work or anywhere with a strong internet connect and the right conferencing equipment. This is the same time frame, content and pricing as our in person trainer’s classes. Our normal “at the forklift” class components have been replaced with video clips showing the trainees the exact same content. Students will receive the same credentials as in person training. This is a great way to be in compliance with the OSHA standards and still stay COVID safe, while keeping travel at a minimum or attending from a long distance.
If you have any additional questions, or if you would like to schedule training, please contact us at 614-583-5749 or by email at email@example.com